谚语“不是你认识谁，而是谁认识你”在这种情况下是正确的。我在本科学位期间曾在一个暑假期间从事 DNA 提取工作。我毕业后，负责实验室的教授正在寻找生物信息学方面的帮助。他知道我除了分子生物学学位之外，还对计算机科学感兴趣，于是给了我一份工作。刚开始的时候，我对必要的工具和技术知之甚少，尤其是 Python （一种在生物信息学中流行的编程语言），所以我在工作中学到了很多。这是一个艰难的学习曲线，但我认为有两个关键技能（在众多技能中）被我带到了我所有的动画工作中。第一个是像程序员一样思考的能力，这不是关于了解陌生的语言，而是更多地关于将任务或创造性挑战分解成一系列小步骤的逻辑顺序。第二个与第一个相关，是战略性故障排除：如何系统地调查一些损坏的东西，直到找到问题所在。
与典型的生物医学传播学硕士论文相比，研究倾向于走一条更加曲折的道路。在后者中，从理解内容和制定学习目标到设计和执行项目，总体上是一个相当线性的过程。是的，范围可以改变，有许多决策需要做出和迭代，但是经过实践检验的一系列动作确实有助于在一年内完成整个任务。通过在科学可视化实验室（Science Vis Lab）的研究，我发现有许多探索、新想法、死胡同和意想不到的研究结果引导我们走上了新的道路。我认为这种流程更接近大多数研究的进行方式，而且肯定不是一件坏事。当探索未解之谜时，你不知道新的发现会把你带向何方。
乔迪（Jodie）和盖尔（Gaël）已经开始研究此主题，我加入了科学视觉实验室（Science Vis lab），帮助开发动画，并与本科生生物学学生一起进行研究。在某种程度上，我们感兴趣的是如何最好地传达分子活动固有的随机性，但很快我们就明白了，我们很难梳理出学生们先前存在的细胞和分子概念。在我们克服存在的混乱和误解之前（这些是多样的），很难在动画中解决这些问题。除非我们解决存在的困惑和误解（而且这些误解是多种多样的），否则很难在动画中解决这些问题。我们最终进行了一次大规模的在线“个性化测验”，以试图描述学生们是如何思考分子如何运动和相互作用的，事实证明这不是一件容易评估的事情。
The National Institutes of Health program: All of Us
说明：这幅封面是为《西北公共卫生评论》(Northwestern Public Health Review)设计的，目的是演示西北医学(Northwestern Medicine)的“我们所有人”计划，该计划的目标是创建最大的国家健康数据库。它需要在芝加哥传达该计划的实施情况。为了达到沟通的目的，作者用热图模式设计了芝加哥的天际线。程式化的树状图表示相互联系，这是程序的主题。为了成功地使用颜色，作者选择了对比色调和颜色值，以及类似的饱和度。画了水下区域来描述阳光反射的形式和纹理。一项挑战是将基于像素的日出和湖泊绘画与天际线和树状图的矢量图形相结合，以期以视觉上令人兴奋的方式塑造有效的信息。
I would like to report fraud by the organizers of the he 2nd Medical Visualization Innovation Contest http://edm.nejmqianyan.cn/mvic2/ this year held by the The New England Journal of Medicine’s Chinese version, its website: http://nejmqianyan.cn. They have specially opened up a green channel for students from a relevant training institution to bypass this so-called open and fair competition. If this website is not authorized by you, you can also report it.
First of all, this is the second time they have held this event. From last year’s curiosity and observation to this year’s attempt to participate in this event, the purpose of mine is to exercise myself and experience the feeling of creating medical illustrations work according to the articles, i don’t want to compete for a prize.
The deadline for uploading entries at the end of the event was at 24:00 on October 15th. I took time out of my busy work to create two artworks and sent them to the email box. The rest of the days were waiting until the end of the contest. I highly doubt the legitimacy of this contest. They are setting a trap and feel that I am deceived. Please look down.
1. On Oct. 28, the organizers posted an exhibition of the entries on the Wechat Public Account platform, The address is https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yog7qqpei0iw2dwjbnl6qg, among them, I only found one work that I uploaded, and the other one was nowhere to be found. After contacting the organizers client, she explained that the work had actually been uploaded to the server, probably because there are too many works, my other work is omitted. And I found that the version of the work on display was not the final version I submitted because the typography in the illustration was wrong. What’s even weirder is that many of the works don’t even have the artist’s signature on them. There are certainly a lot of good drawings, even exceeding the level of many works at the AMI Salon exhibition, and it is strange that many of them have the same style just like created from one person.
2. By mid December, I suddenly saw two people on Sina Weibo Posting that the upload date of the contest had been pushed back from October 15th to 20th, which seemed to be someone inside them but actually from their interest related organization a personal company, the official website does not publish this information at all. The organizers contacted me by phone to say that because the event had been announced at various universities, the deadline for uploading was postponed and the universities were directly notified. The interest related I mentioned are not from universities, but an individual company that mainly train their students for medical illustration. Wouldn’t the website maintenance staff of the official website add an announcement? It would be a matter of minutes to add a code to the event homepage. For example, if you have to hand in your exam papers at the time of the exam, if you postpone the delivery of a competition by 5 days, you are totally cheating to buy time for the staff of this interest related company.
3. For me, winning a prize or not is a small matter. The myometrium of the uterine wall in the work that won the first prize was painted as cells with nuclei, which was obviously not the same as the magnification level of other anatomy, and this work was hinted at at the beginning, deliberately making it very hazy. The whole picture was covered with a layer of translucent white, and I highly doubt whether they did it on purpose.
4. In collaboration with Tencent Medical Department, a large Chinese organization, we have long heard that Tencent is developing a medical dictionary on a mobile platform, and a partnership between Tencent and the Chinese version of the New England Journal of Medicine can be found on the Internet. The students of the interest related company are arranged for part-time internship working online, in which countless relationships and chains of interests are involved. The result of the contest was that only one of the winners was not from the interest related company and Tencent Medical Department, and here is a screenshot of the interest related company ‘s CEO’s shameless post. In addition, there is also a link to the website of the interest related company mentioned in the Friendship Link below the home page of the competition. I also heard from friends that the competition was actually funded by Tencent’s medical department.
In my opinion, the integrity and fairness of the event can not be guaranteed, it is full of pits, and there are hidden rules such as not letting my work appear in the exhibition normally. The organizers spent a lot of time on the phone explaining my doubts, trying to keep me from thinking, trying to block out my doubts. I posted on Sina Weibo yesterday that these questioned content were reposted and attacked by many people from this interest related company from many places around China, who said it deliberately in a sour way, and asked me to show them my work to see if it was excellent. I declare that I don’t want to compete for any prizes, just to exercise. These people are definitely instigated by the people of the interest related company, want to bully me. I’m so confused about this contest, and they will hold the next one in the future. I will definitely not participate in it. The medical visualization industry has just started in China in recent years, and the market has not yet formed. Now they are monopolized and so corrupt. I strongly condemn this shady theft and fraud of the Chinese version of New England Medicine, and I ask you to respond to it, or I will send this email to medical illustrators all around the world I know.
1. 10月28日举办方在微信公众号平台发布了一次参赛的作品展示，地址是 这届选手太优秀！医学可视化大赛投稿作品一览，让你大开眼界 在其中我只发现了我上传的一个作品，另一个作品不见踪迹，和举办方人员联系后，她解释说作品实际上都上传到了服务器，可能因为作品多了，就漏掉了我的其他作品。而且我发现这个展示出来的作品版本并不是我最后递交的最终版，因为这个插画上的排版文字都是错的。更奇怪的是很多作品连绘图者的署名都没有。画的好的图确实很多，甚至超过了 AMI Salon 展上的很多作品的水平，很奇怪的是这里面有相当部分的风格都一样。